A healthy Olde Towne Slidell positively affects economic growth and civic pride, both locally and globally. Historically, Olde Towne began as the heart and soul of our railroad community. It embodied the true heritage and identity of community life. The Louisiana State Main Street Center in Baton Rouge selected Slidell as its 25th Main Street community in Louisiana. Olde Towne Slidell Main Street’s program is focused on retain-ing the real sense of community that Olde Towne provides through preservation, improvements and community involvement.
Olde Towne Slidell Main Street is utilizing the Main Street Four-Point Approach® to begin forming action plans to accomplish the priorities set by the community.
These priorities include:
• Assist in developing and filling vacant properties
• Provide visitor accommodations
• Create a music, arts & culture mecca
• Create a walkable Olde Towne
• Encourage Olde Towne residential spaces
• Create or improve year-round community events
• Enhance Olde Towne’s physical appearance